We are excited to welcome visitors back to the Archives for casual browsing and volunteering!
Visits must be booked in advance. More information below.
Book your visiting or volunteer hours here (dates, times, and further instructions below): www.picktime.com/LesbianHerstoryArchives
ABOUT VISITING HOURS
Generally, we add hours for the next month in the last week of the prior month – i.e. we will post November hours the last week of October.
Book your time here (dates, times, and further instructions below): www.picktime.com/LesbianHerstoryArchives
As we are still concerned about COVID, we want to make sure we carefully protect the health and safety of all. We will be limiting the number of people in the building at any given time and have therefore set up the following guidelines:
- Each registration is good for only one person. If you want to bring a guest, they must register separately. This is how we make sure we aren’t exceeding our capacity during open hours.
- If you show up with a guest who has not made their own reservation, your guest will not be able to enter.
- Only book one appointment at a time – i.e. do not book for multiple days, as we have limited availability and many people who want to come.
- You can only attend open hours if you sign up for an appointment to visit, we do not accept drop ins.
- We are not able to extend time slots if you arrive late.
- You will be expected to wear a mask throughout your visit.
- If you receive a positive COVID test up to 5 days after your visit, please email us to let us know for the purpose of contact tracing.
ABOUT VOLUNTEER HOURS
These hours are for anyone interested in helping out for a bit at LHA! We are all volunteer-run and rely on people like YOU to keep the LHA going. Just like the visiting hours, these appointments are limited capacity due to COVID (as of November 2022: a maximum of 6 people per session, including coordinator), so please make sure to sign up early, and cancel if you know you can’t make it! As with open hours, each registration is good for only one person. If you want to bring guests, they must sign up separately. Things to help out with will vary from session to session but may include: helping to alphabetize materials, putting materials into boxes, organizing materials by category, etc – tasks that are easy enough to pick up on the spot, and to collectively jam out to some great hits while working. Our table is large, and there is a possibility to spread out into the next room so that everyone can fit comfortably. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
NEED TO DO RESEARCH?
If you would like to do research, please email us at email@example.com with your area of research interest and your contact information. Please be as specific as you can: subject matter, what have you already looked at, what collections you think we have that might be of importance to your question, etc. We will do our best to help.
How to Use Our Online Booking Form
- Go to https://www.picktime.com/LesbianHerstoryArchives
- A welcome message will appear in a small window laying out our guidelines. You can click the “X” in the upper right corner to close that window.
- Click “LHA Open Hours” and then a list of available dates and times will appear.
- Click the date and time you wish to come for a visit.
- Enter your name, email address, phone number, and address, the click “Book Appointment”
- You will receive an email confirmation.
- If you cannot attend, please cancel your appointment to free up the slot for someone else.